I've heard shoes are one thing to never buy used.  Don't they form to the
owners foot?

And why would they not RE-form?  At least until they were ready
to RE-tire.

I'm not big on used shoes.  (Nor underwear, mattresses, etc.)
But hey, I wear socks so what do I care?  I'd think that with
some nuclear-grade disinfectant, and maybe a day or so in the
shop oven at 200 degrees, that a quality used shoe would be worth
considering.

-- Jim

Sheesh! what's the big deal? Have these guys never put bare feet on a beach? There used to be a song about "Its a treat to put your feet in da Mississippi mud" Mississippi mud is exquisitely smooth, and the residue sticks to your skin like used OM616 motor oil.

Bacteria and fungi are everywhere. If you are healthy, your body is equipped to fight them off. Spray em with your favorite disinfectant (if you must) and move on.

One of the problems with our society is that we are too sterile.