Reminds me of living in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. One did NOT allow the snow plow deposits to freeze, else at best you would have a huge chore. More likely, a lake of ice by spring that would acquire potholes and you then get stuck with the car halfway in the street AND a huge job.

I spent many an evening shoveling snow -- hard to keep up in the early part of the winter there when it snows nearly every day.

Usually had three feet or more of packed snow in the back yard by the time it started to melt, total was usually around 100 inches for the winter.

Peter