I'll also cease- - was catching up and read some postings out of order - sorry

LarryT

On 1/15/2013 3:20 PM, Randy Bennell wrote:
On 15/01/2013 11:38 AM, Rick Knoble wrote:
On Jan 15, 2013, at 8:16 AM, "Andrew Strasfogel" <astrasfo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah - what gives? I thought we were protected from this sort of OT stuff.

We have a gentleman's agreement about no politics, and no cursing. No written rules, that I am aware of. We should probably add to that agreement, no attachments larger than 100mb. I suppose whether or not to dispose of Constitutional amendments is political and as such, should be dropped here, and taken up at "Banned". When Gary was still here, we did have several good discussions on firearms, if for no other reason, they can be highly engineered mechanically intricate pieces, and we here on this list seem to have an affinity for finely crafted, well engineered things, such as Mercedes, mechanical watches,and, other things. (Imagine that).

Rick
Sent from my iPhone

For what it is worth, I am going to respond to this issue. I try to keep my big mouth shut on issues that don't really apply to me all that much - like firearms in the USA - since I live in Canada.

However, issues like this tend to cause problems and I think we ought to avoid problems when we can. We do get off topic and sometimes there will be a whole lot of response to an off topic item and it will get pretty boring if one is not interested. The delete key works but unfortunately, the subject often changes somewhere along the line but the subject heading does not so one needs to poke around a bit before deleting if one does not want to get left behind.

I do suggest that we should for the most part stay away from subjects that tend to make others angry. We have a nice group that participates on a regular basis and knows a lot about MB cars and many other things. It truly would be a shame to ruin that by angering people about issues we should be smart enough to leave alone. You won't change my mind about a lot of things and I am not likely to change your mind about many things. We therefore might as well talk about things that are less likely to pose problems and leave the sticky issues for another place.

Randy