Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:38:56 -0600
From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] BLIZZARD!!!! AHHH!!

On 09/02/2013 8:00 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
> 1971 Arctic Cat Panther 303W, powered by a Sachs 303cc Wankel Rotary engine.
> About 19hp, 2 stroke, single rotor. Not a real high top speed, I had it up to
> maybe 20 today, it might make 40, but its real smooth and has lots of torque,
> a real good machine for pulling a load.
>
> Some pics from today:
> http://i.imgur.com/66IFIGE.jpg
> http://i.imgur.com/T0rRZo9.jpg
> http://i.imgur.com/87qa6gf.jpg
>
> Its missing the seat in those pics as I'd replaced the gas line in
> troubleshooting. I've got a seat, its got an awesome leopard skin pattern on
> it.
>
> Some engine shots, these are old but it still looks mostly the same:
> http://deadsledwrenchers.net/projects/303engine.JPG
> http://deadsledwrenchers.net/projects/303engine2.JPG
>
> -Curt

Do you have to licence and insure the snowmobiles where you are?
If so, what does that cost you?

I would sort of like to obtain a couple of old and fairly inexpensive
machines but am reluctant to commit to more annual ongoing costs.

How is parts availability for the old Arctic Cats?

I would guess that Arctic Cat, Ski-Doo and Polaris should be as good as
it gets with older parts. They sold lots of machines and still exist so
the odds are probably better than the ones that disappeared.

Randy