Hi Bob,
The system for your car is now about 10 years old, so consider this when
comparing it to a modern Garmin.  The Garmin will have more features and
probably a nicer user interface.  I'm sure everyone else on the list will
give you dozens of reasons why you should just use a Garmin, but let me
give you some reasons why you should use the factory system:

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Robert Koziak <rkmerce...@aol.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

>     It's me again with the new toy.  My 2004 E320 does not have a
> Navigation System so I am considering installing one.  I did research and
> some people say it's as simple as buying a DVD reader and mounting it in he
> trunk because all the cars are NAV ready.  Any opinions on this endeavor.
>  Is the system worth the work?  I currently use a Garmin in my other cars
> but since it appears to be an easy project this would eliminate the
> constant removing the Garmin to avoid theft in addition to being
> aesthetically pleasing.
>

>     I see a range of prices for the reader on EBAY from $200 to $1800.  I
> don't see any brackets or wiring so any diagrams, part numbers etc. needed
> would be appreciated.
>

> As always thanks in advance.
>

> Bob

Jaime Kopchinski