Rich,

Yes, it was Larchmont! Figured it must had been a typo. Anyway, I finally found the house, er Chateau after doing some research on the owner!!!!

The full name of the original owner is Earl R. Van Sickle. Apparently from what I've been able to find out, he was a well-to-do tailor that had his own shop. In 1922 while visiting France he stayed at the 16th century chateau Plessis-Brion for a week. After seeing it, he was so impressed (it is beautiful!), that he had it photographed from all angles & replicated it in Larchmont, NY!

Van sickle filled it various relics, paintings, tapestry & even gargoyles that came from the Vanderbilt mansions! He eventually sold it in '41, but it's still there on Weaver St. Cool, huh?

http://www.castles.nl/eur/fr/pb/pb.html

http://larchmonthistory.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=826&title=chateau-plessis-brion&cat=527

http://larchmonthistory.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4949&title=chateau-plessis-brion&cat=585

See Bing maps for an awesome birds eye view of it!

Anyway, just though I'd share what I found out! :)