To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2005 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1987 300DT

Hi Tom,

Yep, that's a W124 chassis, 124.133 to be exact. The engine is an
OM603.960, six-cyl turbo with aluminum head. T'was only imported to
the USA in 1987. There was a 5-cyl version imported from 1990-1993
(124.128 with 5-cyl OM602 engine), that model has less power but
better fuel economy. A more detailed look at stengths/weaknesses is at
this link (text file):

http://www.w124performance.com/docs/mb/articles/124.1x3_buying_tips.txt

BTW, I completely agree with Casey's assessment. :) My dad & sis each
have one too.

:-)

Best regards,

--