Not your fault the author stuck an extra noun in between the pronoun and the noun it references.

Luther   KB5QHU    Forest Park, IL
'98 ML320 "Max" (162,xxx mi)

On 3/19/2013 12:34 PM, Mitch Haley wrote:
Benz Hogs wrote:
"Advocates" is the correct wording, just confusing.  The "bill" that
the "advocates" are backing is the MI bill that tells the Feds to back
off, not the bill mentioned immediately before.  I had to read that
twice also to figure out what they were referring to.  A simple
wording fix would be "Among the advocates of the MI bill were ..."

Yep, upon second reading, you're right and I was wrong.

Mitch.