Tim Crone wrote:
In NC, you're an antique at 35! Don't even have to get an annual
inspection...

In Michigan, you can buy an historic vehicle plate the January after it's 25 model years old. (my 1986 2.3 was eligible last January) But if you put such a plate on it, you aren't supposed to use it except for historic automobile events and the occasional pleasure tour. If the cops see one downtown during commuting hours more than once, I'm sure they'd pull you over. Oh, and no inspections in Michigan unless you're trying to retitle salvage as rebuilt.

Mitch.