Years ago, when I could still walk and run without aid, I stepped outside my side, kitchen door one Saturday morning and heard empty cans, trash, etc., hitting the pavement in the street diagonally across my side and front yards. I looked up to see a white Chevy S-10 with "Coors" in red on the door sitting at a stop sign at the corner, door partially open and a young sorry-a$$ kicking the refuse/debris/trash that had accumulated in the right foot well onto the pavement. I yelled in my best "command" voice with considerable volume, "Halt, litterbug, Halt!" The little truck sped off, and I ran to my Caravan, saying aloud to myself, "You sorry, etc., I'm not letting you get away with that!" I knew the truck belonged to local Coors distributer, 'just wanted the license # for more specifics when calling the owner on Monday morning. I drove coupla blocks to a man thoroughfare and turned right just hoping they'd gone that way. 'Bout 2 blocks away, at a 7-11, there sat the truck, its two sorry-a$$ occupants watching for me out the back window. I pulled up behind 'em, reached down beside me and picked up a pad and pen; as I made note of the lic. #, I mouthed to them, "Yes, you, you." As I pulled back into my yard, the doctor who lived across the street came walking up and handed me a brown paper bag containing the cans, debris, etc., that the 2 sorry-a$$es had thrown out. He had seen the whole thing and had gathered up the evidence for me to present to Coors owner on Monday. Monday morning, Mr. "Coors" screamed, "They did WHAT?" I repeated what I had seen his 2 sorry-a$$es in his truck do. I rushed several blocks to his office and sat the bag of trash on his desk as he thanked me profusely and said, "I'll take care of 'em right now." Couple minutes after I got back home, Mr. "Coors," Jr. called and wanted to hear what I'd seen, 'said, "I've never seen Dad so mad. That driver wasn't even supposed to be out and about on Saturday morning! 'Even found a gas receipt in the bag from way off somewhere else on another weekend - guy evidently was using the truck as his personal vehicle. Dad's already fired 'im, and he's gone. Thank you."

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - Rant question of the day

WILTON wrote:
Why do the sorry-a$$ smokers/litterbugs walking past my house seem to think that it's OK to throw their cigarette butts in MY front yard for ME to pick up?!!? Like too many all around us, they don't seem to give a damned about anything but themselves and have no thought whatsoever about how their actions affect others!!!

How about when they empty their ashtrays at stop signs?
I used to fantasize about gathering up a lunch sack full of butts, following such a person to a store, and dumping it in his driver's seat if he left the door unlocked. Implementing such a strategy would be easy in your case, if they live within walking distance of your home, return their butts to their porch.

Mitch.