I took off the oil cooler lines for my 77 300D.  It looks like some threads
stripped, there are probably enough at the bottom to get the oil cooler
back together.  There is a fix listed on peachparts that involves tapping
threads for new connectors, has anyone done that?

Also, the lower hose (old style) is NLA.  It has a nubby end, the
recommended local hydraulic guy says he can't do it because of how short
the end is.  BabyQ is of course out today, his site shows it NLA also.

So... Is there some kind of retrofit?  Any ideas?  I'd hate to kill the car
over something so trivial.

Thanks,
Tim