Clay

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, the days of the 'scrappy' (scrapyard), or
'breakers', are almost over in the UK

People selling parts from dismantled cars on Ebay, and the advent of rigorous
Health and Safety Regulations, led to their demise

I remember that, 30 yrs ago , when I started car ownership of, and tinkering
with, VW Bugs, old-style yards with cars stacked 3 high were already on the
way out, and yards had already started dismatling the cars for parts themselves

Fond memories of either trying to smuggling parts out in your toolbox, past the guys - they used to check - or tossing parts over the fence for later collection ...

Not even sure where my nearest 'knacker' is !!

Howard
Bath
England
'97 200E 5-speed manual, 110244 miles