I'd rather deal with spring perches.

I had a 190Dc that was so rusty from RF shock was about to come loose. I patched in sheet steel with lotsa sheet metal screws. Drove it several years that way. It totalled the pint-o that pulled out in from t of it. I only had to change a tire and wire up the front bumper through the rust hole. Drove it thousands of more miles after that.

Evapectomy is NO fun.  Even if you have the time...

I suspect that it's a LOT easier to replace spring perches than
evaporators, though i never had to do either on any of my 124s.