Did the boil test last night, the thermostat I just
took off the car opened nicely near the boiling point.
Fully opened when the water was boiling. Also checked
the upper hose again, no pressurized syndrome. So I
guess new pump is the next course of action. I still
have a Laso pump on hand. Would you all think dealer
parts is superior than the OEM parts on this one?

I think the pump you have ready to put in is the
superior one, but only because I'm still not convinced
that it will make any difference and using it will allow
you to conduct the test immediately.  You're _sure_ the
radiator flows well, the thermostat is in the right
way around, and that there's no huge air bubble trapped
in the head?

-- Jim