Yes, Mercedes has (had?) an accessory fuel can available for all models,
but 1408900111 is not it. That is to hold the tool kit. The fuel can
wasn't a 140 specific part.

I only have accessory info for the e-class (124,210,211) on my computer.
Ah, here it is...after some searching the part # to fit the larger 140
wheel is, I believe "B6 758 0045"! 15" wheel, 9L (2 gal). You would also
need a mounting kit for it too I think, not sure the #.

For when 26.5 gal is just not enough!

(Note: this was not to connect to the main tank, just a small portable
metal can to fit within the wheel rim)