Cheapskates like me use the one down at the servo, plus they give me free compressed air if I require it. Now they have the digital one where you pre-select the pressure, whack on the hose and then wait for the beep beep beep.
Great unless some idiot has run it over.

Hendrik the cheapskate who might invest in his own gauge when I get my own compressed air

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Brodbeck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 8:46 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Tire pressure gauge

Craig McCluskey wrote:
My old, pencil-style tire pressure gauge has started sticking and is
producing unreliable readings.

Any thoughts on what is a good tire pressure gauge, or how to prolong the
life of the one I have?

I kind of like the little digital ones.  They're cheaply available at
most big box and auto parts stores.  Unlike dial-type gauges, they
usually hold the reading for a few seconds so you don't have to try to
hold the gauge on the valve and read it at the same time.  I figure
their accuracy can't be any worse than the pencil type gauges, which are
notoriously bad.