Look on craigslist in your area.  They are plentiful in good running order
for $300 or less here.

A note: Been pretty hard on the little Merry Mac lately chipping green
maple.  Pulled the blade out of it to touch up the edge and found a crack
in a thinner part of the big chipper wheel.  Not a hard fix, just split it
in half and weld it up when I get a minute.  That explains the fighting
with it to chip right lately......the wheel was flexing where the bade
mounts.

So, in short, if you get a small machine and work it hard be prepared for
maintenence on a daily basis.

Oh, had to tighten up bolts that hold on carb and now muffler bolts are
loose.  Will get to them when fixing the wheel.

Mike