Little discussed it seems among the WVO crowd, but Vegetable oil used in
cooking becomes quite acidic. Many who use it, pay more attention to things
like filtering out the dead french fries and plastic fork bits, settling
and removing water, but little attention is given to the acid balance.

Food when cooked gives off water and chemicals which combine to make acids.
The very close tolerance Injection Pump parts require smooth surface finish
to achieve that close tolerance. Acid bath of the WVO accelerates the
erosion of those critical surface parts which degrades IP performance. The
failure path then compounds as surface condition further degrades.

The lure of cheap fuel overwhelms the need to titrate each batch of WVO and
neutralize the acid, filter, and de-water. WVO is good fuel, but it ain't
free. Pay up front.. or pay later with component replacement.

Grant...AZ