Slowly, I have been sorting out the fistfuls of drill bits in my machinists
chests, and, with the help of the three drill gauges (letter, number,
fraction), I can determine the correct sizes of the ones that are not stamped.
Or to really waste lots of time, I have used a micrometer to measure them.

I want to now begin sorting the numerous loose hex wrenches that inhabit these
drawers so that I can discontinue my established practice of using trial and
error as a method of finding the correct Allen wrench to fit a particular
application (who was Allen anyway?). I know that there are charts giving the
various SAE and Metric sizes, such as the charts in the two links below.
Since using a micrometer is far too slow, I would like to find something
equivalent to a drill gauge that will indicate the size. Is there a way to use
a drill gauge for this purpose?.
Is there a way to distinguish a metric from an SAE hex wrench?
Any suggestions?

It occurs to me as a write this to ask if there are metric drill bits. I have
never noticed a drill bit with a metric marking.

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/science/allen-wrench-conversion.htm

http://home.howstuffworks.com/where-find-allen-wrench-size-chart.htm

Jerry
82 240D