Well, actually, the hose was replaced about 30 months ago; still not many miles; the hose it replaced was nearly 20 years old and 195 kmi.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] '91 350SDL not charging? - starter?

When it rains, etc., though.  Just took the SDL out for several errands
around town; sitting at ATM, 'noticed radiator coolant light come on; watched temps gage few bocks away en route to drug store; temp. climbing as I pulled
up to drug store window; shut 'er down; finished transaction and pulled
forward out of way into shade of tree. Temp high but not max; opened hood; water spraying from small crack in hose where smaller hose to expansion tank connects to larger hose from thermostat to radiator. Hose was replaced with new from Rusty several months ago.

SWMBO brought 3 jugs of water, 2 of which I used. Meanwhile, police officer escorted me home 5 or 6 blocks away.

Wilton
----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig" <diese...@pisquared.net>