  Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:49:06 -0800
From: Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 126
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Jim has mentioned he doesn't frequently drive the Frankenheap on the
> highway, so his good mileage makes sense.

That is true, but the best mileage has been on tanks that included
more freeway driving.  That may have still been in the cobweb-clearing
phase.  Right now I drive so little that data points are a bit hard
to come by.  Also I have envisioned eventually taking the heap on
cross-State trips, but it is not quite yet up to the required
standard of reliability.  (Everything needs to work perfectly
and have done so for awhile, else my wife will be really nervous.
Also I'd like to have the CC installed.  And the trunk emptied
of parts.  And the rear footwell lakes cured.  And and and...)

>   I've seen the other phenomenon also, my Dakota is a V8, a friend
has
> a newer one with a V6. I was shocked to find we get the same mileage
> and sometimes I get a bit better. This surprised me because my truck
> has a buncha miles

Dakotas (and Durangos) get worse mileage than they ought to,
it seems to me.  Anomalies like that don't surprise me.

I'd like to have a last-generation 4wd extended-cab long-bed
Dakota with a Sprinter diesel motor in it.  My wife would
really like it, too.  Perfect styling (to me), functionality,
and fuel consumption system all in one place.

Come to think of it, there's a _lot_ of vehicles out there that
could be substantially enhanced by having a Sprinter diesel in
them!

-- Jim

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Dec 30 19:05:32 2005