http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1987/Possible-Link-Of-Milorganite-To-Lou-Gehrig-s-Disease-Stirs-Controversy/id-6302ee76f2286bbcac489b60cef66709

From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
What method did you use to compost?
I use a big pile and let it rest for a year which should allow most baddies to die off. I don't compost poop (dog poo gets spread under a maple tree) but I do compost meat, milk, yogurt and all sorts of other stuff thats "bad".

Above ground plants (i.e. not radishes, carrots, potatoes and the like) should at least in theory have less chance of passing on stuff from your compost. I suppose the greatest risk is from touching the soil.

The field across the street from my parent's house has been spread with sewer sludge as long as anyone can remember. I used to fly kites in that field. We would of course wait for the sludge to get rained on and dry out good before heading over but it doesn't seem to have hurt me any.

-Curt

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 11:16:12 -0400
From: Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
For the record, I tilled in a binful of my cat-centric compost and planted
some cucumbers, with peppers and hopefully eggplant to follow. If all goes
to plan, I will be a guinea pig for your theories about cat to human
transfer of toxoplasmosis, feline lukemia, or hairballs.