That odd transition time seems to have caught my father.  The service was
yesterday and though he had enlisted in the army, served in Korea and got out
just prior to the police action, he was honored as and his marker says he was
Air Force.  Must have been DoD designation, though discharge papers say he was
army.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers