Scott wrote:
> MAO: I can't speak to your experience.  But there are several factors here.
>
> Expectations: ...

> Second, productivity: ...

> On college: ...

> Finally, on jobs: ...

Been there, done that - all of what you say.  Never bought new car,
still driving a junker 3-pedal Mercedes 240D.
I find myself in the despised class today.  No debt ever, hence no
savings.  Younglings are raised that way also.  But if social security
or medi-whatever is gonna put me in the entitlement queen status - I
can do without and become dirt rather than participate.  I can ask
what I can do for my country and my answer can be to not participate.
That is the disappointment, personally.  Having done what a person can
do, living with less, doing with less, etc - and now the richey-rich
want me to suck sand? - okay.  They can have their $$, cast me off as
a queen, I'll be gone.  But, I will buy used USA stuff or local USA
stuff and be without.
mao