Colorado Springs is semi-arid.  The soil is often just sand.  There is no
major water source nearby.  The drinking water comes from far away places
through a series of pipes and tunnels.  As far as the Subaru's and granola,
Dan you should continue to live in your cesspools and sinkholes known as
the Midwest and Florida since you seem to know very little about the area.