For those who have ifones (I just recently got one when my 8 or 10yo Palm Treo died, I was sad...) this would be really fun. Kickstarter stuff has risks, but it could be fun.

I built a 3D camera rig and stereo viewer, and there is a Windows app I used to print the photos, that is fun for just looking at static pics, but this would kinda automate it. If others had the viewers you could send them photos and videos.

--R

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/935366406/poppy-turn-your-iphone-into-a-3d-camera-0

Poppy is the first device in the world that turns an iPhone into a 3D camera capable of capturing, viewing and sharing full-motion, full-color video and stills in 3D.

*How does it work?*

Poppy works with iPhone 4, 4S, iPhone 5 and the fifth generation iPod Touch. You put your phone in and Poppy's mirrors capture two stereographic images using your iPhone's single camera.

When you look in the viewfinder, Poppy's lenses combine the two video streams into a single, crisp, 3D video. It's beautiful, and really hard to describe or show in two dimensions.

It doesn't need batteries and there are no electronics. It's just optics and your iPhone's camera and screen, so we can keep the price low without sacrificing quality.