Mechanic is adjusting the timing to help it but we are not having much success. I drove it home last night and it blew black smoke all the way and would not get above 65 miles an hour. Very low power. Could this be caused by the injectors? This is a two tank veg-oil car currently running on diesel. I can switch fuels at will and I will not introduce the veg-oil until I get this sorted out. Any suggestions on next steps would be welcome. This is the second injection pump we have installed. The first one behaved similarly only much worse.

Michael E. Esh
me...@horizonenv.com
michael...@mac.com
http://www.yugster.com/invite/138123
(C) 231.286.2344

On Jun 28, 2013, at 12:25 AM, Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The injection pump is installed in the 84 300D however it is
>belching black smoke until the turbo kicks in, then it takes off and
>the smoke clears up.
>We are adjusting the injection timing and rack dampener bolt in
>effort to clear this up. Any suggestions would be helpful.
>Thanks
>Mike
>Michael E. Esh
>231-286-2344

Why would the timing be off? IP was just installed?