On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Scott Ritchey <ritche...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Speaking of Diesels, Subaru started making a 4-cylinder boxer Diesel a few
> years ago but it was not imported into the US.  I was wondering if anyone
> on
> the list had any information or experience with this Subaru Diesel.  Maybe
> list members who live and/or travel in foreign lands know something about
> this powertrain.

Interestingly, Subaru won't sell their diesel cars here but there is
nothing stopping you from importing a crate engine from Japan and
installing it in another chassis.  I bet if you have $60K or so lying
around, Small Car Performance in Tacoma will build you a diesel-powered
Porsche 356 clone:

http://www.smallcar.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=64

Alex