'Seems to me that somebody was not monitoring 2 of the most basic parts of flying - airspeed and altitude.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Frederick" <psf...@earthlink.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2013 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Cause of Frisco crash: Poor piloting plus no glide path?

I believe Rolls Royce modified the engines as a result of the previous crash. Don't know the specifics, but loss of power resulted in the crash and the cause of the low power was frozen or waxed up fuel in the engines, not the tanks.

Gelled fuel is a known hazard, but for some reason caused a crash after descent and on final approach.

Peter