Frosch had some pretty deep scratch marks due to the idiot children.  I looked
around for a viable repair solution.  Body shop came back with $3000.  I am not
ready to drop that cash, or to look at Maaco for a crap paint.

I looked at DR paint crap, but that did not seem to be able to fill the depth
of the marks.  The other option was Scratch Wizard. It seems to use a glaze to
fill the gouge, presenting a more even surface for paint.  For the cost, I
figured the wizard would be a better start.  I was not overly impressed with my
abilities using the glaze, but it did fill the holes.  A little over well.  You
need to use a solvent to wipe it down, removing the excess, and hopefully not
sucking out from the gouge.

The paint is custom mix and you get to use a wee tiny brush to fill the marks.
I am not a quality artist and it got messy.  I did five coats by poking tiny
dots of color into the scratch.  It looks really bad.  It looks lumpy, so I am
thinking I should use 3000 grit to blend it then clear coat.  Color is no
match.  Well, if I did a full repaint, it would be perfect match to factory
new, but this is a 40 year old car, so it is much too dark and stands out.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers