The W140 is a land yacht of a car, and almost as good as a well sorted out W126
for road trips.

That being said, it is far more complex, with the resulting expense due to the
many sophisticated systems it has.

My comments are not meant to frighten or deter you from going with a W140, but
there are some pitfalls to be conscious of should you decide to go that
direction.

If you have specific questions, let me know.

I would add that my 1995 S500 coupe just turned 250k a few days ago and has
been trouble free through my ownership.

Dan