Dieselhead wrote:

Wow! 51 VW! I always thought my 56 Karmann Ghia was prehistoric. Yours is even earlier. Now while I love my 40 + year old car, when I was a kid, a 40 year old car was a Model A. Not many people drove a model A then. We did have a neighbor who drove his Model T, and it was his only vehicle. (old guy)

When you were a kid (before freeways?), a Model A was a functional car IMO.
Out of style, but it could keep up with traffic and stop on command.
Seems like there were a few things you'd expect in any car by then that a T just can't do.

Mitch.