On Jul 12, 2013, at 9:21 PM, M. Mitchell Marmel wrote:

> At 9:39 PM -0500 7/12/13, OK Don wrote:
>> The receiver drier is by the port side of the radiator --
>
> Out in front.  Found it.  And those two wires coming out are for the fan?
>
> -MMM-

Looked into this awhile back for my W123s. Cleanest method I could figure was
to put a switch inline from  pin 5 on the fan relay to ground.
The relay is ice cube shaped, the furthest of the two away from the firewall on
top of the L front wheel well.
It's the shortest distance to the cabin and can look factory with a little
effort.

Dave in SoCal
'82 240D (3 pedal), '84 300TD (Euro), '85 300TD (Cali)