I don't think high temps at speed is a bad fan clutch, once you're up to speed
the ram air through the radiator means the fan isn't doing a whole lot.
High temps at low speeds is possibly the fan clutch...

-Curt

Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 07:49:22 -0400
From: MG <trainpain2...@aol.com>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fan clutch

All I could see for the 190s is the all electric fan, no clutch
there at all.

Have been having slightly higher then normal temps in the summer
ever since I did a cooling system flush and installed a new
thermostat (up to 100 at first and 110 now in Fl with AC at high
speeds or around town with heavy traffic). My thought actually
was to try a new thermostat since that is the most likely suspect
(not opening far enough?). It was brand new from Rusty so I put
less of an emphases on that and thought more of the fan clutch
especially since it has been getting worse in the past year or
more. Wish I hadn't thrown away the old thermo so I could put it
in now.