No, the aux fan has it's own fuse. Also check to make sure the slow speed resistor is OK, else you won't have low speed.

I found out today that the AC is fine on the TE, but the aux fan was jammed by an extra metal tab sticking out in an inappropriate place on the new condenser I put in last year, so now the AC works until the head pressure gets so high the belt slips. What a pain -- no current to the fan with a new fuse, will have to dig the relay out tomorrow and see if I have a spare, and check the resistor.

At least it cools on the highway, gonna be in the 90s all week so I plan to drive the TE instead of the diesel, which still needs and evaporator.

Peter