The tranny in the SD was stuck at 3, I put in a new kickdown switch (which was stuck "on") and WALLAWALLAWA it is now fine. 5 min job.

--R

On 7/18/13 9:33 AM, Jim Cathey wrote:
The auto transmission on my junker SDL has become funky. driving along at 35 mph or so in third gear, it will suddenly decide to downshift into second. Sometimes it won't shift out of first, and when it gets to second, sometimes it won't shift up to third.

Is this likely caused by gunk in the valve body? I am wondering if it is worth changing fluid and filter, or if I should just give up on it.

Start with the kickdown switch.

-- Jim