From: Hans Neureiter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 11:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] new years day project

This is the procedure per FSM:
Door/Trunk lining> remove
Sliding sleeve>Push back
Control rod> Push out
Screws? loosen
Actuator> disconnect
Tension unloading lever> Push away
Electric cable, pneumatic pipe> Remove

Bring actuator in install position>
Push sliding sleeve fully back and pull control rod attachment out until it
engages.
On actuator for the trunk lid lock push control rod fully away from the
element
Installation> reverse order

On 1/2/06, Hans Neureiter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am just guessing, but maybe the lock has to come out.
My thinking approach to these puzzles is always that someone in the assembly
plant puts these things together. Not smarter and more skillfull than us,
but knowing how.

On 1/2/06, Lee Levitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jim writes:

> I wrote:
> > I'm still not sure I got it right as the car will not
> unlock from the
> > trunk, but that's not a big deal. The trunk locks/unlocks with the
> > other buttons...
>
> I think you got the adjusted length wrong on the arm that
> threads into the pod.  It's the switch _inside_ the pod that
> drives the locking pump, so if the key doesn't quite push it
> in far enough it won't trip the works.  Bummer.

Probably. I could not figure out how to connect the arm to the pod. If I did
it with the pod outside of the sheetmetal, I couldn't figure out how to get
the pod back in. And I couldn't figure out how to disconnect the arm from
the lock. So I ended up forcing the arm into the receiver.

Any thoughts on the *correct* procedure?

It's a *dumb* design. If MB had used a connector and *two* threaded pieces,
life would be good. In fact, I'm tempted to cut down the arm and install my
own threaded piece and connector...now where to find a threaded connector of
the right size...

Thanks!

Lee