checked trunk seal, appeared good, however it was easily removed, and
pulled out of groove without any difficulty, so it would seem that it is
not sealed good enough for water.  Wondering if I have to remove old glue
on the rubber before applying a coat of the flowable silicon sealant, and
if so, how would I remove that glue without damaging the seal/rubber.
 There are no cracks or tears in the rubber seal and it appears in good
shape so should be able to simply re-glue and install again.

Ralph