I tried to make it this week.

I was doing a swell job with making the rub all be tasty.  I got it all cured
up and looking sooo drool worthy.

I failed

I gave it a really great rinse to remove all the exterior salt.  I should have
purged the fluids from the curing to reduce the sodium load on the meat.  I did
not soak the cured meat enough times to flush residual salts.

I really should have used a good smoker that I could better control the temp
on.  My smoker got a bit too warm for too long, not making enough smoke and the
meat got baked.

I am sad.

I have around 8# of pork belly to experiment on left.  I hope to have this
bacon thing nailed down by Labor day.

clay