Rick Knoble wrote:
My kids 1985 300D is making differential noises and is on the verge of failing.
I know 1985 is an odd ball year. What diffs will interchange? Anyone have a
list of years/ratios? Are the speedos different or the trans drive for the
speedos?

I don't know if anything but a 1985 300D/CD/TD would be a direct fit.
IIRC, it's 2.8x instead of 3.0x:1 like the earlier turbos.
Maybe Dave M or Gary H could tell you if there's a gasser with the same diff.
The one I have is from a 240D so it's 3.69:1 IIRC.

Seems like the speedo is supposed to match the diff?

Mitch.