that's exactly the point, andrew.  the star is a mercedes trademark that
has to come in a mercedes box.

let's start at the beginning.  for the most part, mercedes builds cars, not
parts.  they buy parts and use them to build cars out of

phoenix makes mounts.  mercedes says "make this mount for us".  phoenix
makes a bunch.  mercedes buys a bunch.  they are made for mercedes so they
are made with the mercedes stars on them.

other companies also want to sell those mounts.  febi buys some.  lem buys
some.  crp buys some.  corteco buys some. phoenix puts some in their own
boxes to sell.   phoenix is happy to sell them but they don't make a
special edition of the mount for each reseller.  so now there is a problem
as the proprietary benz trademark is on a rein/crp product.  they CANNOT
legal sell the one with the star on it, so the answer is to grind off the
star.  this is because they are selling them as a "rein" mount. to sell it
as a genuine MB mount, they'd have to buy it from MB at a huge markup to
waht they are paying phoenix, so there is no point as it all identical
product from teh phoenix factory in turkey.

it is NOT a mercedes mount, but mercedes is a kind of secondary branding
that only mercedes can use.  it is a phoenix mount but manufactured
primarily for mercedes, so it carries the mercedes logo that must be
removed if sold as someone else's product.

get it?