Tut tut sir, American cars (which is a mis-nomer but lets stick with it, I obviously mean the big 3) are of comparable, some would even say higher, quality to the Asian brands right now. In particular Honda and Toyota are in a bit of trouble lately. I wonder if maybe they've gotten bit by the same bug that caught Mercedes 20 years ago?

When it comes to rental cars lately I prefer American, specifically Ford if it comes right down to it.

-Curt

I agree. Dollar fer dollar, frods or dogde cars are a good buy. The impala also fits there, and maye some other GM stuff.

I'd be hard pressed to justify buying a post 92 MB on any grounds other than safety.

In p'ups, I think I'd buy GM in gas, and GM or Dogde in dissel. Frod in gas is ok, but nothing exciting to me. It depends a lot on the intended usage. In service life, I think the cummins diesel wins. Being a inline 6, it wins out of the gate, and I think over the long haul too.