From: Frederick Moir <fredy4.s...@yahoo.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sat, Aug 10, 2013 5:35 pm
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Automatic Transmission issue 1983 300D 195K. Shifts in
Reverse but issue with Forward. Help!!!

B2 piston broken?

Fred Moir
Lynn MA
Diesel preferred.

>________________________________
but issue with Forward. Help!!!

>Hi Guys,
>

>       My trusty 1983 Mercedes 300D with 195K has a transmission issue.  I
> have
owned the car since 1990 w/70K and it has been running great with a little help
from my list 'Friends'.

>       My son uses the car mostly and on his way home from work last night he
said it was hardly shifting gears. I checked it out this morning and reverse
works fine but if I rev the engine in drive or low gear it moves slightly
forward.

>       It was a little low on transmission fluid so I added 3/4 quart with no
significant change.  It is definitely due a transmission fluid and filter
change
so if that would help I can try that tomorrow.....thoughts?  Also and probably
more relevant the shifter has been a little sloppy the past 2 months, it has
need a little coaxing to keep it in drive, it had a tenancy to drop down a
gear.