Saw a Passat TDI at church today -- it was a stunning car! Unfortunately it was b1ack or it would have looked better. IMO Silver or while is best for a Mercedes...

Has anyone heard any bad news about the Passat TDI?

LarryT

On 8/10/2013 12:17 AM, Gary Hurst wrote:
i'd get a jetta tdi wagon. jaime's dad has one

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM, WILTON <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

I noticed on that new Passat former DIL was driving yesterday, they cut a
big rectangular hole into another perfectly good steel top.  %<(

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry T" <l02tur...@comcast.net>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 3:39 PM

Subject: Re: [MBZ] VW Passat TDI

  IMO that's a VW mentality that goes way back - at least to the '50s and
'60s when the radio speaker was on the driver side - they were trying to
make the driver happy because they were  usually the decision maker when it
came to buying new vehicles....     one of the VW old timers told me that
when I was a teenager working as a mechanics apprentice in the late 60s.
(If I had been older I may have figured it out for myself)  ;-)

Larryt
59 VW beetle (our 1st car)