Curt Raymond wrote:
My Husky has an interesting system where the choke is linked to the throttle.
Start the saw with the choke on and it goes right to high idle, blip the
throttle and it settles down.

I had the carb out last year as the fuel hoses had softened and were collapsing
under vacuum, its an interesting system with 2 throttle bodies. The second
opens under high throttle. Apparently while the primary can carry enough fuel
it can't get enough air in to not over richen at the top end so extra air has
to be added. Must work good the saw has nice power (for only a 45cc motor) and
doesn't smoke at all. Mitch had mentioned most saws having a catalyst. This one
doesn't or it doesn't that I've found anyway and I've had the exhaust apart
several times.

I think your 445 is stratified charge. The extra butterflies let clean air in early, which scavenges the cylinder, then a rich load goes in behind it. If all goes as intended, no fuel blows through the cylinder into the exhaust, HC emissions are much lower, and a tank of fuel lasts almost twice as long. The only strato saws I have are my 36cc John Deere badged Efco and my Ryobi (oops, Allan's Ryobi, gotta mail that out to him). The Ryobi is a rebadged Redmaz, the technology in it was the reason that Husky bought Redmax, needing a way to meet circa 2010 EPA regs. Now Stihl and Husky both sell saws with self tuning carbs with some kind of electronic feedback.

Mitch.