[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Failing that, try eBay.de... some of the aftermarket parts
>> vendors accept PayPal, ship worldwide and can communicate
>> easily in English. Shipping is not as bad as you might think
>> (given how much USPS rates have increased in the last two years).
>
> Mac, I've bought via ebay.de about a half dozen times, and I think virtually
> every time I've gotten screwed one way or another. Sellers lying to me about
> parts condition, stuff getting damaged in transit, etc.
>
> I'm quite reluctant to do that again!

Wow. How odd. I've had precisely the opposite experience. Everything has
been as described and sometimes better. I've bought used stuff maybe 10
times, including two sets of Euro headlamps, zebrano pieces and accessories
(granted it's hard to lie about new parts except for fitment). The headlamps
were used but could almost pass for new.

Now one thing I will say is that the Germans can't take pictures. Period.
Same if you go to the Mercedes club sites from Germany. Their eBay photos
tend to be hall of shame entries. So I limit my bids on most things to a
"hope for the best but expect the worst" level.

Don't even think of making me go to eBay.fr, dude. I won't deal with any
private French vendors. I got ripped twice there.

Truly a case of YMMV, I guess.

Mac