With so many apps for "free calling" it seems harder to manage.  Someone
calling on Skype?  Google Voice?  Your business phone?  Cell phone?  Text,
WhatsApp, etc.

Not to mention some people are genuinely hard to hear on Skype or Google
Voice.  They will sit away from their computer's microphone sounding far
worse than a speakerphone.  And does GV even allow SMS mesages these days?

I don't know, but it seems pretty straighforward to give someone a phone
number.  With the advent of unlimted long distance calling, are 800 numbers
even that helpful anymore?