At 09:04 AM 8/29/2013, Mike wrote re the Enviro-System products:

Has anyone ordered from this company? How may cans would I need for a complete refill of the system including new dryer and expansion valve? The specs state that each 6oz. can is equivilent to 18 oz of 134a. They have a special going on now to get 6 cans for $38.00 plus $7.00 shipping which brings it down to $7.50 > > > http://autorefrigerants.com/co00033.htm >

I don't know the answer as to how many cans you would need. Perhaps you should call them with information about the capacities of your car's system. The usual approach involves reaching certain pressures as measured by a set of gauges.

I ordered from them a year or two ago. I got the R-12 top up kit described at the bottom of the page at the above address. My Porsche 968 had gradually lost R-12 over a 20 year period - the sight glass was showing just occasional foam and the cooling barely perceptible. I added a can of stopleak and one can of their ES-12. Bubbles in the sight glass ceased and the cooling came back. Still working well.

I had read good things about ES products at www.968forums.com . As I recall there were some oddities about the ES refrigerant. At least at one time they were not recommending it for a complete refill nor did they recommend pulling a vacuum on the system. Again, calling them about your situation probably would be best.

     Dave Gilmore, Cameron WV

     Look thy last on all things lovely,every hour.