way back in the day when we first met there was a lot of talk of the W201
being the worst car in MB history and the W124 being perhaps the best, i
argued that the cars were essentially so similar that i might be more a
matter of the care they received, which was less for the 201 than the 124
as it was further down the food chain.  i believe this still to be true

i once saw a guy in brevard, NC with an MGB that looked great.  i lamented
how unreliable and short lived they were.  he agreed, explaining that he
thinks he might need to replace the original engine soon and it only has
680k miles on it

you keep em up, they last a while

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think its more maintenance than anything else. VW does require maybe a
> bit more maintenance than other cars and I think VW owners are a bit less
> likely to keep up with that maintenance.
> A friend has a 2001 Jetta gasser with 250,000+ miles but he keeps right up
> with maintenance. He's had very few problems overall.
>
> -Curt
>
> Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 22:29:55 -0700
> From: clay <redgh...@comcast.net>
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] RE; New car expensive parts. was: my kinda car
>
> Make sure the VW is NEW.  Used VW are not as reliable and even the sales
> people at dealerships steer clear of them.
>
> clay

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars

*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com*