Stop-leak isn't going to fix the deteriorated o-rings and/or leaking hoses that are causing your leak.

Find your hose set, buy some R134A fittings for it, and then vent out (recover) the freon in there and take apart EVERY fitting. Replace the 0-rings with proper sized R134a compatible ones (green) and make sure the hoses don't rotate on the compression fittings. If they do, you need to find a hydraulic cylinder repair place to remove and replace the hoses (they are simple compression fittings over barbs, and they have the correct hose as a general rule). Not expensive.

Put it back together and pull a good vac. If it holds for a few hours, you are good to go. If not, find the leak.

Check over the condenser carefully for oil spots or placed where dirt and dust appear to be sticking -- I finally fixed the AC in the TE after a decade when I replaced mine.

Your R12 detector will work fine with R134a, or put some dye in and run it a while then look for leaks.

Don't neglect the compressor fittings, either!

If the leak is too big for the stop-leak to fix, it can set up in the whole system and ruin a compressor, you don't want to do that.

Most likely you have a dead o-ring or two, most probably in the high pressure side, or a leaking hose up there.

Peter